Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week 1, Gotta Start Somewhere

So as today is Saturday I wanted to put down a few words about my first week. I did two runs this week one about 1.5 miles the other about 1.3 miles. It wasn't that far and it was nothing close to fast but I did it and thats all that matters in my opinion. So previously I had attempted to start running by doing the C25K program. I have to say that program did not work for me. I have talked to many people who swear it is the best thing ever and I have to say it is a great program. My problem with the progam is that I don't like having to run and walk when told. It sounds funny as I write it down but it's how I feel. I have modified the C25K program to what works for me. Basically run until I am to winded or tighten up then I walk til I catch my breath and repaest for 20 to 25 minutes. It's the same principle as the C25K but with out the constant looking at my watch. I enjoy it because I challenge myself to run more than I walked the run before. I am hoping I can run 30 minutes straight in about 6 to 8 weeks. After my first run I felt good then then the two day soreness set in. Oh my goodness that made the run on the second day horrible. My hips and quads were so sore. Well I think I will go hiking on Sunday and run Mon, Wen and Fri next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment